Transportation: Global account management
A number of large corporations have recognised that some of their largest customers are demanding a single global approach to their relationship. Moving from a regional to a global account management position is a significant move that must be considered carefully.
Should we adopt a global account position and if so how do we do it?
- How does our business break down across the globe?
- What are our strengths and weaknesses?
- How many of our customers have a global perspective?
- How many of our customers want and can manage a global relationship?
- What are the pros and cons for us?
- Where are the commercial opportunities?
- What are the dangers of not taking a global stance?
- What is the recommendation?
- How should we move to global stance?
- What are the implications for our current structure, roles and responsibilities?
- Where should the responsibilities lie?
- What process, systems, tools and skills do we need?
- What is the plan?
- What is the customer engagement plan?