Energy and utilities: Industrial sales – customer acquisition
Winning and retaining major customers is fundamental for most businesses. Customer acquisition in some industries must be part of the strategic plan given the importance and impact of winning and losing major accounts.
How to win more major customers in a commodity market where the time to win a customer could be years.
- How is the company positioned?
- How is the business segmented?
- What is the profile new customer?
- What is success in servicing these profile customers?
- What is the acquisition process?
- What are the milestones in the process?
- What are the critical success factors at each milestone?
- What are the customer supplier needs?
- What are the profile customers’ buying decisions?
- How should the sales effort be structured and focused?
- What processes and systems needs to be in place?