Private equity and venture capital: Pre-acquisition audit for due diligence
Private equity firms often want to achieve significant performance change in the businesses they acquire. As a precursor there is a need to test assumptions in the target business and to prepare a summary plan for the achievement of the new objectives.
How can we rapidly drive performance in the planned acquisition?
- How effective is the target business currently?
- How likely is the business to achieve the target objectives with no change?
- What are the key impact areas?
- Where is cost incurred and what value does it bring?
- What cost can be removed without damaging the core?
- What options are there for the new structure?
- What is the recommended plan?