Retail: Retail distribution and point of sale impact
Manufacturers with a consumer product must ensure they work effectively with retailers despite the sometimes difficult nature of the relationship. In some markets the manufacturer is able to influence directly the distribution and point of sale impact of the product using a direct delivery operation or direct sales visit.
How do we drive sales of our consumer product?
- What is our current distribution?
- How does it segment?
- What is our current point of sale positioning?
- What is the correlation between distribution and position and sales?
- Why have we achieved success?
- What does success look like?
- What is the structure and role of the sales force?
- How is the sales force measured?
- How does the sales force spend its time?
- What does best practice look like?
- What is the decision making process at the retailer?
- What are the critical decision making criteria?
- What is the opportunity?
- What does the new plan look like?
- What do we need to implement the new plan?